Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today's Actual Conversation: Customer Service Edition!

Scene: CVS checkout. Feeling rather fabulous in my kick ass new t-shirt (thanks, Krista!!!) that reads: "Rehab is the New Black." All I want is to pay for my contact lens solution and a pack of cigarettes and proceed with my day. No such luck.

Wonky-Eyed Cashier: *hushed weird whisper* Your shirt...Rehab is the New Black...I don't get it.

Me: Oh, it's a joke-

WEC: Is that...like...when black people call other black people n---

Me: NO! No no no! It's like "pink is the new black" or "skinny jeans are the new black" or something - it's a joke!

WEC: So...it's a racial thing?

Me: Jesus, NO! Nothing like that!!! It's a FASHION thing, don't you watch Project RUNWAY, it's a joke, oh my GOD.

WEC: Oh...I don't get it. Do you need matches?

Me: I am so blogging about this.

2 comments:

laeoux74 said...

T-shirts people just don't get are my favorite.

Recently I wore my "Everytime You See a Rainbow God is Having Gay Sex" shirt to the boys show at the Middle East and some Ya-dude was all trying to read it and stopped being so curious about my chest once he saw what it said.

The world is awesome.

Unknown said...

1) Of COURSE I need matches and

2) Who the hell doesn't watch Project Runway?