Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Sleep Till...

I have insomnia. It's been two weeks. It's really starting to take a toll. I vacillate between this:
Woe.

Aaaaaaaaand this.


Give us kisses!!!! Everything is funny!!!! Let's paint the apartment!
PURPLE GLITTER!!!!



When all I want to do is this:


Sigh.

It's almost definitely due to a new medication I'm on, but not taking it is not an option, for I'd really prefer being tired to being batshit insane, which is what the med prevents me from being. It's a sucky tradeoff, but a sacrifice I'm willing to make. So, Mr. Sandman, please send me a dream. It can be about arranging matchsticks for all I care. Just let me sleep. Because everyone I know is sick of me talking about it, and so am I.

Hey! Are you following A Year in the Mirror? Because there are some RILLY attractive pictures of sleep deprivation there, boy. Like this one!:

Can I carry your groceries? I've got two eye bags that would do nicely.

Kisses, my little monkeys. Please send very very sleepy thoughts. Or narcotics. That would work too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should show you my insomnia visage. it's very Romero.

Jenn said...

I'm not sure if it would interfere with your med, but have you tried Lunesta? I'm on a few meds that can cause insomnia, so I got a prescription for Lunesta and it seems to do a good job. (Well, I'm sleeping and not apeshit crazy so everyone on my end is happy.)

Eminence Grise said...

Ben Franklin said that "Guests and fish stink after three days." So does insomnia. It can be a little fun, being up when you're not supposed to be - like you're being a rebel. And maybe you finally do some things you never seem to have time to.
Then the hallucinations begin. And the aches of everything hurting.
Yes, Lunesta is the only thing that has ever helped me.